Latest Updates

Xiaomi - Air Dots - Are they that bad?


hey what's up today we're looking at Chinese air dots they're wireless Bluetooth earphones they're here are they any good do they match the sound of the original air pots let's find out let's go in the box you'll find the air dot air carrying case and charging case a micro USB cable and two extra sets of rubber earpieces and some instructions the air dots connect over bluetooth 5.0 which has a stronger connection and the air dots have a 40 milli amp hour battery that should give you up to four hours of continuous playback the carrying case has a micro USB port that can be used to charge its internal 300 mAh battery which allows you to charge your air dots about three times by just putting them into case indicates you'll see that the air dots charged through these small connectors.

they fit nicely in place in that case if you basically just drop them above they will snap in place and just like on the air Potts case this case has a magnet which gives a nice snappy closing feel although it's not as nice as on the Apple case it feels a little bit cheaper though their thoughts themselves are quite small quite a bit smaller than the air pots being only 23 by 14 millimeters and only four grams so I've asked Suzanna to give them a try and to compare them with the air pots and you can see how much smaller the air dots are compared to the air pots when they're in air which in my opinion looks better though so the first thing that she said is that the sound between the two is a lot different and that is very noticeable indeed the air pods do have a fuller frequency response especially when comparing side-by-side to air dot sound a bit dinner which is probably the best way to describe it they have less base and less low mids but I gotta add that they surely don't sound like the worst earphones that you've ever used a cool feature is that you can tap on the air dots to control playback of music you can double tap to access your phone's voice assistant which works with Google assistant and shall I and I've also managed to work with Siri on the iPhone they've got a built-in microphone for you to call hands-free although to audio that I've got recorded with them didn't sound all that great so this is what I sound like through the air dots so can I no record to the air pots alright so this is me true to air pods the air pots in comparison have a much better audio quality for voice calls so what do I think generally speaking the air dots are cool it's really safe to assume that they're inspired by the air pods but they don't quite look alike in my opinion they look better then apples air pots but unfortunately they don't sound alike eater you simply can't expect the performance of $120 in ears for twenty dollars but I've got to say that I don't sound all that bad and probably for most people the audio quality is simply acceptable.

it would have been really cool to see a USBC port and especially qi wireless charging on this case but well you can't really expect that for this price you got a note that the voice prompts that you'll hear when turning the air bots on and off and connect a bluetooth those are all in Chinese and there's no international version of these yet it's probably not that big of a deal though but good to note I do have to note that I have one of the air pieces fall out quite often even when I'm using that with the largest sized rubbers but Susannah had no problem with the medium sized ones it kind of really depends on your ear shape I personally cannot wear them for longer than five minutes or two minutes probably before the left ear piece falls out as it obviously won't pair by just holding the case next to your phone you'll have to go to your Bluetooth settings and pair to air dots from here they show up as air dots left and right and you could actually use one earpiece and allegedly get about five hours of usage when you only use one although after using just one bud for a while I cannot get them paired any longer I can only get one of the two to work so I can connect to the left or to the right but not to both at the same time or in stereo so the manual suggests that I put them back into case turn them off and then take them out at the same time and that will pair them again well I've been trying everything I could imagine over the last day and I simply cannot get them paired anymore bottom line they're really affordable good-looking the sound quality is all right but they're surely not the best sounding in ears and that is really reflected in the price in China they came out for 199 ramen beef which is about twenty nine US dollars and I've seen them at the online resellers ranging from 40 to over $60 but to be honest I think they're not worth that much more in my opinion I hope I can resolve the pairing issue but up to the point of posting this video I'm really not managed to get them parrot anymore so if anyone knows what's up how to get that fixed perhaps anyone from Xiaomi watching us let me know what's up with dad so that's it for the Xiaomi air dots which I am using in mono from now

No comments